Saturday, April 26, 2014

Justin Bieber Apologizes for Visiting a Controversial Yasukuni Shrine in Tokyo, Japan!!


Justin is currently in Japan on a promotional trip but things haven’t got off to the best start with fans hitting out at his visit to a Tokyo shrine.

Justin posted a message to his Twitter and Instagram which sees he stopping at the Yasukuni Shrine, which honors military dead, including leaders from the imperial army who committed mass atrocities and cruelty across Asia during World War II.

Yasukuni is a shrine to the 2.5 million men, women and children who died serving the Japanese Empire between 1868 and 1945. Controversially, those honored include thousands of soldiers from World War II – and as of 1978, 14 Class A war criminals.

For many in China, Korea and other Asian countries, Yasukuni represents the worst of Japan’s imperial militarism.
One angry Chinese fan tweeted in response:
You hurt your Chinese fans Bieber !!!!! Please delete this picture…… There are something about the politics between china and Japan. I still believe you are a good boy Bieber. So If you don’t wanna lose your Chinese fans. Please!!!!!!!.


Justin has since deleted the photo and penned a groveling apology for his Chinese and Japaneese Beliebers:
While in Japan I asked my driver to pull over for which I saw a beautiful shrine. I was mislead to think the Shrines were only a place of prayer. To anyone I have offended I am extremely sorry. I love you China and I love you Japan.


Cut him some slack, I to be honest also thought that most shrines were to gods and prayer depending on where you came from. He was mislead with false information.

No comments:

Post a Comment