Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Chantel Jeffreis Speaks Up! Denies Arrested 5 times!!


The 21-year-old model, who rode shotgun in Justin Bieber’s rented Lamborghini when he was arrested for DUI, released a statement regarding New York Daily News and Daily Mail articles that claimed her rap sheet lists five arrests, including one in February 2011 for misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon.

Chantel tells E! News in a statement:
I have been overwhelmed by the negative attention I have recently received in the media. My family and I are particularly upset about the false accusations which have been published concerning my criminal history.

For the record, I have not been arrested five times as has been stated in the media, nor am I guilty of physically assaulting anyone, in any way shape or form. I am a full-time student who had enjoyed a normal lifestyle, free from public scrutiny and criticism, until now. What has happened to me is wrong. I want people in general, and the media in particular, to consider the impact their disparaging comments have on the individual; especially when their comments are inaccurate.


She does not deny all of the alleged arrests. According to TMZ, Chantel was arrested when at age 18 for a misdemeanor assault, but the case was later dismissed due to insufficient evidence. Other than that, her lawyer says she’s only had “traffic violations.”


Chantel recently traveled to Panama with Justin after he was released from jail.

She was in talks to appear on NBC’s Today earlier in the week,  that interview fell through and she confirmed via Twitter that it is only her they will be talkin about:
not about Justin, about false allegations against me only.


She was also accused of trying to earn $20,000 for selling her story. She tweeted:
I would never 'sell my story'

It's a hard thing, knowing who to truly trust.

I don´t freakin know what to believe here. First she apparently looks for TV stations to "sell her story" about Justin´s DUI arrest and then she claims that she is only going to talk about herself in the interview. Does she really think that the interviewer will ignore what happened and try to get a scoope of what went down? if she does think that, then she is just playing naive.

No comments:

Post a Comment